Mammoth Mountain is located in Eastern California, right close to the infamous Yosemite National Park. The name of this resort suits what it has to offer on all levels. Famous for its sheer gynormous size, mammoth vertical drop, and crazy huge snowfall, there’s really nothing NOT mammoth about Mammoth Mountain! But don’t let that scare you because there is something here for everyone regardless of your skill level or age. Aiming to please is what Great Mammoth Mountain is all about!
It erupted back in 40s and 50s, and today still reflects some of its historic charm. There’s plenty of skiable terrain, lots of diverse accommodation, and the eating and shopping opportunities just never end! Something for everyone at the fun-filled resort that has made millions of guests extremely happy with their vacation destination choice!
- Thirty-three feet of snow.
- Approximately 300 days of spectacular sunshine.
- Season mid-November – June.
- Snowmaking covering 700 of the 3,500 acres of skiable terrain.
- 28 lifts with 150 trails
- Hill Experience Breakdown: 25% beginner, 40% intermediate, 20% advanced, and 15% expert.
- Mammoth is family-friendly, where lodging is conveniently connected to the slopes.
- The location is perfect with fabulous rock features and trees. A very scenic ski resort you really can’t ever grow tired of.
- Because Mammoth is a little out of the way you don’t have to worry about it being overrun, particularly during the week!
Right on the mountain there are 12 shops for renting and buying skis, snowboards, boots, and anything else you might need to hit the slopes. Overnight service is offered for ski repairs and tuning. And demos are always available when you’re looking for something new. If you need lessons the top-rated Mammoth Ski and Snowboard School will take care you.
These leading industry unbound terrain parks have a massive 11 parks, 3 half pipes, 2 acrobags, and 100+ and 50+ jumps over 100 acres! From beginner to professional there’s something for everyone.
The Village Lodge, Mammoth Mountain Inn, Juniper Springs Lodge, and Tamarack Lodge & Resort gives you a wide range of lodging choices to pick from. And if you need childcare there are daily and weekly options available.
After an adventurous day of skiing or boarding there’s still lots to do, including shopping, movies, dancing, cocktails, dining, and so much more!
Other Outdoor Fun!
Aside from spectacular skiing you can also enjoy cross-country skiing, snowmobile rentals, breathtaking gondola rides, sledding, tubing, snowshoeing, skating, and dog sled rides. So you don’t have to be an avid skier to find the fun in Mammoth Mountain.
This well-serviced resort is a low key ski destination that still packs a punch without being overpriced or over-the-top. Whether you are coming solo or with a partner, family, or friends, there’s just so much to see and do Mammoth Mountain will be a hit for everyone. Come and check it out for yourself!