Spectacular Aspen Snowmass is a much talked about winter destination resort complex located in Pitkin County in western Colorado in the U.S.
It consists of four mountains that rise up for sports enthusiasts to enjoy; Snowmass Mountain, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilk Mountain. And Beaver Creek is a non-incorporate community found in Eagle County. Which is also in picturesque Colorado.
Beaver Creek is situated immediately south of a town called Avon. Encompassing all of Beaver Creek resort, businesses, lodges and chalets, and residential properties.
Two amazing ski resort communities with everything to offer the avid skier, outdoorsman, beginner skier, expert skier, and anything in between. Something for everyone to enjoy in the mantra at Aspen Snowmass and Beaver Creek Colorado!
Mesmerizing Aspen Snowmass Quick Facts
- Combined these mountains have almost 5,000 acres of useable terrain; including 335 trails, 3 spectacular terrain parks, 42 lifts, and 4 very cool halfpipes.
- Offers plenty of diverse eating and shopping with over 30 cultural restaurants from which to choose.
- Average snowfall over 300 inches, with a highest elevation of 12510 feet!
- Snowmass season is Dec. – Apr.
- Rated one of the most popular resort destinations in the world!
- You’ll find over 16 shops conveniently located for rental gear.
- There’s adaptive skiing available for anyone with a disability.
- Tons of ski learning programs available for people of all levels and ages.
- Accommodations of all styles from condos to homes, lodges, or hotels, there’s something for everybody!
Beaver Creek Interesting Facts
- Season is typically late November to Mid-April.
- Beaver Creek Village elevation is almost 12,000 feet.
- The average annual snowfall is just over 300 inches.
- Over 1,800 acres of skiable terrain, according to Beaver Creek Newsroom.
- They offer 25 lifts, 4 terrain parks, and 1 half-pipe.
- You’ll be happy to note Beaver Creek enjoys over 275 days of sunshine annually!
- Average temperature during the winter is 33 degrees F and 75 degrees F in the summer.
- Offers over 149 ski trails.
- Hundreds of vacation rentals and accommodations to suit any style or budget.
There’s no doubt if you are looking for spectacular skiing while making memories to last a lifetime, you can’t go wrong with Colorado ski country. It’s sort of like comparing apples to oranges because both has everything you need to have a spectacular ski vacation.
Whether you are looking for the larger ski resort, Snowmass, which is 9th largest in the U.S., or the smaller of the two, Beaver Creek, ranked 4th largest in the U.S., it’s literally impossible to go wrong!
Each resort offers everything you need to ski in fantastic conditions with luxurious accommodations. And because they are both so popular you can find whatever specifics you are looking for at reasonable prices.
Your toughest job here is figuring out which phenomenal ski resort destination you are going to choose to test out first. Good luck with that one!